Polarity Music - About
Greetings everyone, I'm Polarity and it's my pleasure to share with you some valuable insights and practical tips about music production. As an experienced music producer, I've had the opportunity to experiment with various techniques, tools, and workflows to develop my own unique approach to music creation.
What I do #
While I cannot claim to know everything there is to know about music production, I'm confident that the tips and tricks I'll be sharing with you are based on my personal experience and extensive testing. However, I must emphasize that what works for me might not necessarily work for everyone, so take these suggestions as a guide rather than a definitive truth.
I do music: Styles are Drum & Bass, Dub, Soundtracks, Ambient something in between, i dont care so much. I match and mix what I like. Listen to it on 🎧 Bandcamp, or on my special Youtube profile for Polarity Music Only or even Spotify
I create Tools for your daily studio life. Samples, presets, templates and projects. Watch this Playlist on Youtube or go to my Bitwig Tools page. I have also some Infos on the Bitwig page. Most people love my Auto Leveler or Hardclip preset for Bitwig,
Read more about me in the biography
☎️ wanna chat? meet me on discord, im online daily
Electronic music producer, dj, performer, community creator and open source dude lul
Born in Eisleben on May 1 1979, Polarity a.k.a Robert Agthe grew up in a musical family. His father was a professional drummer, so Polarity got in touch with the kicks and snares at an early age. When he was seven, his parents enrolled him at the local brass band where he learned drumming and marching. However, he did not like this of genre and stopped making music untill he obtained his first computer in 1993. Polartiy quickly learned to use trackers and samplers and saw his future in producing electronic music. Without much knowledge and hardware, he tried to realise his compositions. Every year, new technology brought new possibilities and he tried to use them for his productions
Since 1999, Polarity used the Internet on a daily basis, so the question of contacing likeminded people arose. Without further ado, he decided to found a website to provide a forum for producers. The project producer-network.de was born.The site should give hobby producers the possibility to exchange experiences and to present their tracks.
In 2000, one of Polarity's internet buddies called his attention to the singer Terra from Vienna. Via ICQ, an online chat, they exchanged the first ideas and Terra introduced Polarity to her then team colleague Shroombab. Shroombab liked his music and they started to work together in 2001. Uniting their musical roots, they produced very danceable tracks. Their work quickly beared fruits, leading to a release on Micky Finn's lable Urban Takeover. Furthermore, they released tunes on labels like Protogen, Thermal Recordings and Trickdisc. In 2002, they also foundend their own label High Tension on which they have released one record up to now. Polarity
At the same time, Polarity got mail from the producer team Phace from the Saarland in Germany. He was thrilled and invited them immediately to Aglasterhausen where they produced several tracks together, presenting a different side of Drum and Bass.
In 2003, Polarity programed the website junglistic-sistaz.com. With Junglistic Sistaz, Shroombab wants to encourage and promote young, talented women DJs and producers.?
In 2004, Polarity and Shroombab separated to realise their individual musical ideas. Shroombab decided to continue to manage High Tension, present her sound on it and to pursue her DJ career respectively. Polarity carried on to concentrate on his production skills.?
At the end of 2004, Polarity teamed up with Jericho, a producer from Nuremberg he met via his website Producer Network. Jericho's liking for dubby sounds and Polarity's preferrence for midrange basslines harmonised well, and so they produced five 1998-Virus-Recordings-style tunes between 2004 and 2005. At the same time, Polarity produced the first German Drum and Bass & Hip Hop album „Vogel oder Fighter", together with MC Mankind from Ulm. The album met with very positive responses, mainly from the Hip Hop fraction. A worthy sequel is already in planning. The idea for the album came from the surprisingly successful single „Mein Weg" Polarity and Mankind had recorded in 2004. It's production took one year and features German artists like the Giana Brothers, Nphect & Display, the NMEclick and Broken Harmony. For the first time, Polarity produced two Nuskool Breaks tracks for the album . Polarity
In the beginning of 2005, Polarity and a group of highly motivated editors founded the German online magazine DnBSzene.de. Here, one can read interviews, reports, watch videos and get information on party dates. The site is characterised by its unconventional layout.
Everyone can participate, and so the users can decide about design and content of the website. The forum offers freedom for all kinds of thoughts and is not strictly moderated. DnBSzene wants to provide free and neutral information and to offer quick access.
In 2006 polarity moved to Berlin and started a label called PNR or Producer-Network Records. The imprint is focused on supporting talented artists who are registered Members of the Producert-Network. Featuring Music by Skyence, Erdbeerschnitzel and Cruel Culture and Cover and art design by Marie Schweiz and Yvonne Richter.
2008 was the year of "Syntax". Polarity's debut album. Packed with deep drum and bass tunes and published on his own PNR imprint.
Besides, Polarity had numerous DJ gigs over the years and distributed his producions to miscellaneous clubs in Germany. However, his main focus is still on producing because he sees the biggest creative possibilities here.
Kings of The Jungle (Mannheim), Made in Germany (Mannheim), Basstard (Berlin), Vesss (Insel Poel), Juz, (Mannheim), Sounds Of Life (Frankfurt), Cube Club (Chemnitz), Music 4 A Hard Life (Frankfurt), Treibhaus (Regensburg), Raw Tempel (Berlin), Polarity (Saarbrücken), BumRush (Bad Kreuznach)
All releases are listed and tagged on Discocs. Go to the Discogs Polarity Profile. Whoever maintains my page there, thx for all the work and fast updates, much appreciated!
So far this happened:
- Polarity (Robert Agthe) is born in Eisleben, Germany. His father is a professional drummer and he grows up in a musical family.
- Polarity obtains his first computer (C64 yay!) and starts producing electronic music using trackers and samplers.
- Polarity founds the website producer-network.de to provide a forum for hobby producers to exchange experiences and present their tracks.
- Polarity meets Terra from Vienna via an online chat and collaborates with her colleague Shroombab, producing danceable tracks.
- Polarity and Shroombab release their work on labels such as Urban Takeover, Protogen, Thermal Recordings, and Trickdisc. They also found their own label, High Tension.
- Polarity collaborates with the producer team Phace from Saarland, producing several tracks together.
- Polarity programs the website junglistic-sistaz.com with Shroombab to promote young, talented women DJs and producers.
- Polarity and Shroombab separate to pursue their individual musical ideas
- Polarity collaborates with producer Jericho to produce dubby, midrange bassline tracks
- the first German Drum and Bass & Hip Hop album "Vogel oder Fighter" with MC Mankind
- Polarity and a group of editors found the German online magazine DnBSzene.de to provide free and neutral information on drum and bass, with an unconventional layout and forum.
- Polarity moves to Berlin and starts a label called PNR or Producer-Network Records, focusing on supporting talented artists who are registered members of Producer-Network.
- Polarity releases his debut album "Syntax" on his own PNR imprint, featuring deep drum and bass tunes, and pioneering a free high-quality download for fans of excellent music.